my son was born in the uk 1st of march 2000 my partner had a right of abode status and i had ancestral staus is my son eligble to return to the uk now that he is over 18 on what visa..we want to return to the uk now

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Firstly, from the information that you have provided it is not clear what kind of status you or your partner had at the time of your son’s birth. We would need to see documentary proof of your status to be able to advise you correctly. Secondly, any registration applications should have been made whilst the under the age of 18. However, there may be other options open to your son but we cannot advise about these without more information on your background. Please call 02039 599123 or email  

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]