My wife and son are british citizen who live with me here in Iraq. We want to live in the UK, how can they help me get a settlement Visa or an ILR?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. To enter the UK you may be able to acquire a UK Spouse Visa. The eligibility criteria for a UK Spouse Visa is usually as follows:

-You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
-You must have met each other and be legally married - this is to prevent arranged marriages.
-You must intend to live together permanently.
-You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.
- Your sponsoring partner must earn more than £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. The minimum financial requirement is higher if they are also sponsoring dependent children
-You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependants.
-You must satisfy the English language requirements.

Someone from our office will be in touch shortly to discuss your situation with you and see how we can assist.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]