• naturalisation under section 6(1) and 6(2) of the BNA 1981;
• Registration of children born in the UK by entitlement - sections 1(3) and 1(4);
• Registration of children born in the UK by discretion - section 3(1);
• Section 65 Immigration Act 2014 amendments to British Nationality Act 1981 addressing historic discrimination against children born out of wedlock;
• Acquisition of citizenship by birth, adoption, descent and annexation;
• Loss of citizenship by independence of a territory;
• Acquisition of partiality, now called a right of abode;
• Status tracing ancestral claims to British Citizenship under the U.K.-F and U.K.-M routes;
• The pre 1 August 1988 Immigration Rules that preserved “free movement” rights for the spouses and children of Commonwealth citizens.
OTS Solicitors legal training
The expert business immigration and personal immigration law solicitors regularly provide legal training to fellow solicitors and legal professionals as well bespoke company-training packages for HR advisors and business owners. For information about OTS Solicitors and their services please call us on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online.
For the best expert legal advice and outcome on your UK Immigration application, contact OTS Immigration solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online.
We are one of the UK’s top firms for Immigration solicitors and civil liberties lawyers. We can advise on a broad range of Immigration issues including Appeals and Refusals, Judicial Reviews, Spouse Visas, Student Visas, Work Permit Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA Applications, Asylum and human rights, British Citizenship, All types of visas, Business Immigration Visas, Entrepreneur Visas and Investor Visas.
Our top Immigration solicitors and lawyers are here to assist you.
Disclaimer: The information and comments on this page/site is made available free of charge and for educational and information purposes only. The information and comments do not amount to and are not intended to be adopted as legal advice to any individual or company. The use of this site should not be a substitute for specific legal advice, which we ask you to see our contact page or call our solicitors on 0203 959 9123.
By using this site you understand that there is no solicitor and client relationship between you/your company and the site owners or the firm. We make every effort to keep the published articles up-to-date and accurate, however the law changes very rapidly and the older the articles on this site, the more likely that the views in it have changed with the development of the law.
Posted on: Thursday, 10 October, 2019