The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business sounds like a lonely job, especially in the UK’s current fast paced changing political environment and Brexit uncertainties. However, most economists say expansion is the key to success even in times of economic uncertainty.
How can OTS Solicitors help?
Call us on 0203 959 9123 or complete our online enquiry form to discuss how OTS Solicitors can help secure a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa to achieve UK expansion goals.
The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa
• A UK branch of the overseas parent company; or
• A wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas parent company.
Requirements for a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa
• Be a genuine and trading business; and
• Have no existing branch or subsidiary company in the UK; and
• Have no other representative in the UK; and
• Plan to set up a branch or subsidiary in the UK; and
• The branch or subsidiary must be in the same field or type of business as the overseas parent company business; and
• Intend to remain overseas based and to maintain the centre of its operations abroad.
• They have been recruited by the company from outside the UK; and
• They are a senior employee in the business; and
• Are authorised to take operational decisions for the overseas parent company; and
• They do not own or hold more than fifty percent of the shares in the company; and
• Will only work for the overseas company whilst in the UK on the visa; and
• Can speak and understand English to the required UK Visas and Immigration standard; and
• Can afford to finance and provide accommodation for themselves and any dependent family members.
Employing a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business
Shareholders and the Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa
Can a Sole Representative bring dependent family to the UK?
• Their spouse or civil partner or unmarried or same-sex partner; and
• Children under the age of eighteen.
UK settlement and the Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa
OTS Solicitors and Sole Representative visa lawyers
Legal 500 recommended OTS Solicitors are experts in business immigration law and can help with all types of business immigration visas from Start-up visa, Innovator visa and Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa. Call us on 0203 959 9123 for an initial discussion about how the OTS Solicitors business immigration team can help you or use our online enquiry form.
For the best expert legal advice and outcome on your UK Immigration application, contact OTS Immigration solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online.
We are one of the UK’s top firms for Immigration solicitors and civil liberties lawyers. We can advise on a broad range of Immigration issues including Appeals and Refusals, Judicial Reviews, Spouse Visas, student visas, Work Permit Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA Applications, Asylum and human rights, British citizenship, All types of visas, Business Immigration Visas, Entrepreneur visas and Investor visas.
Our top Immigration solicitors and lawyers are here to assist you.
Disclaimer: The information and comments on this page/site is made available free of charge and for educational and information purposes only. The information and comments do not amount to and are not intended to be adopted as legal advice to any individual or company. The use of this site should not be a substitute for specific legal advice, which we ask you to see our contact page or call our solicitors on 0203 959 9123.
By using this site you understand that there is no solicitor and client relationship between you/your company and the site owners or the firm. We make every effort to keep the published articles up-to-date and accurate, however the law changes very rapidly and the older the articles on this site, the more likely that the views in it have changed with the development of the law.
Posted on: Tuesday, 15 October, 2019