For business owners struggling to get to grips with whether or not Brexit will happen and, if so, when and how to prepare their business for a post Brexit world in either a deal or no deal scenario it is hard to keep on top of business immigration news.
How can OTS Solicitors help?
The 2018 Migration Advisory Committee report
• Immigration Rules would not distinguish between EU citizens and non-EU citizens after Brexit and the end of free movement;
• The removal of the Resident Labour Market Test for the recruitment of migrant workers;
• For skilled jobs, a salary threshold that the MAC said should be set at £30,000 per year for skilled Tier 2 (General) Visa applicants. The MAC did not recommend any regional variations in salary thresholds to take into account costs of living in different regions.
The government White Paper
The 2020 Migration Advisory Committee report
• The salary threshold; and
• Whether there should be a single salary threshold or regional variations; and
• Whether there should be a salary threshold in combination with a “going rate for the job” requirement or simply a “going rate for the job” requirement; and
• Whether there should be exemptions to salary thresholds for migrants who are taking up shortage occupation jobs or in public service.
• Some of the concerns expressed about current and anticipated post Brexit skill shortages and the potential impact on the UK economy; and
• Representations over how a UK wide £30,000 migrant salary requirement would work in practice in a post Brexit world, with the end of free movement and the capture of EU migrant workers into Immigration control systems.
How can OTS Solicitors help?
For more information on Tier 2 Visas or any other aspect of immigration law please call us on 0203 959 9123 to arrange an appointment to speak to one of our experienced London immigration solicitors.
For the best expert legal advice and outcome on your UK Immigration application, contact OTS Immigration solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online.
We are one of the UK’s top firms for Immigration solicitors and civil liberties lawyers. We can advise on a broad range of Immigration issues including Appeals and Refusals, Judicial Reviews, Spouse Visas, Student Visas, Work Permit Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA Applications, Asylum and Human Rights, British Citizenship, All types of visas, Business Immigration Visas, Entrepreneur Visas and Investor Visas.
Our top Immigration solicitors and lawyers are here to assist you.
Disclaimer: The information and comments on this page/site is made available free of charge and for educational and information purposes only. The information and comments do not amount to and are not intended to be adopted as legal advice to any individual or company. The use of this site should not be a substitute for specific legal advice, which we ask you to see our contact page or call our solicitors on 0203 959 9123.
By using this site you understand that there is no solicitor and client relationship between you/your company and the site owners or the firm. We make every effort to keep the published articles up-to-date and accurate, however the law changes very rapidly and the older the articles on this site, the more likely that the views in it have changed with the development of the law.
Posted on: Monday, 01 July, 2019