Location: City of London
Category / Industry: Immigration Solicitor Supervisor
Experience: 3 years + PQE
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate / Short Notice Period
Based in the London office, the Immigration team is made up of recommended Solicitors with a history of Legal 500 ranking. The Immigration team hold IAAS Level 1 and 2 with Supervisor status, and the team are joined by a former Immigration judge, and founder member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) and President of the European Immigration Lawyers Group.
The firm has over 60 years of combined experience in Immigration and nationality law. The exclusive focus on Immigration means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about Immigration. The firm assists corporates and individuals on all Immigration law cases.
Due to continuous growth they are seeking an experienced Immigration Solicitor with supervisor experience to manage a team and keen business acumen to run and manage a department. As the first point of contact for the department you will report to the senior partners on a regular basis and your responsibilities will be as follows:
· To supervise the provision of advice, casework and representation to clients
· Meeting potential clients for initial consultations
· Stay up-to-date with the latest relevant legislation and policy changes
· Undertake appeal work and representation at the IAC First Tier Tribunal
· Comply and deliver within set deadlines
· Manage your own caseload as well as the ability to build a client base and develop the department
· Day to day management of the Immigration team and supervision for ensuring they maintain high standard of services; maintain practice standards; resolve any compliance matters; meet expected billing targets
· Complying with standards and requirements set by Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA); Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR); and any practice standards such as Lexcel for operational efficiencies and client services
The post is ideal for an experienced Immigration solicitor supervisor seeking a new challenge within a dynamic and rapidly growing company that has built a reputation for providing exceptional Immigration advice and services.
· Previous experience of managing and supervising a small team of fee-earners
· Deliver the highest level of service to all clients
· Client following preferred but not essential
· Evidence of past commitment and interest in the growth of a firm
· Ideally be based in London or willing to travel to the London Office
· Multilingual preferred but not essential
· Good legal writing and drafting skills / IT And Microsoft Office literate
· Remain efficient and productive under pressure
· Remain flexible to work outside of normal working hours as may be required from time to time
· To attend courses on relevant legislation and keep up to date on changes in the law
· Appeals , Administrative Review, judicial review
· Immigration Detention
· EU Law [Residence Application, Family Permit, permanent residence]
· Nationality law [naturalisation application, UK Ancestry, British Passport]
OTS Solicitors is a central London law firm specialising in Immigration law. The firm has invested heavily on legal knowledge and continuous professional development which has seen the firm grow rapidly and establish a reputation for providing exceptional Immigration services and advice for its clients. The firm is seeking an experienced Immigration Solicitor Supervisor that will be able to take on a case load immediately, develop their role as a manager and supervise an existing team of talented individuals.
For the best expert legal advice and outcome on your UK Immigration application, contact OTS Immigration solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online.
We are one of the UK’s top firms for Immigration solicitors and civil liberties lawyers. We can advise on a broad range of Immigration issues including Appeals and Refusals, Judicial Reviews, Spouse Visas, student visas, Work Permit Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA Applications, Asylum and human rights, British citizenship, All types of visas, Business Immigration Visas, Entrepreneur visas and Investor visas.
Our top Immigration solicitors and lawyers are here to assist you.
Disclaimer: The information and comments on this page/site is made available free of charge and for educational and information purposes only. The information and comments do not amount to and are not intended to be adopted as legal advice to any individual or company. The use of this site should not be a substitute for specific legal advice, which we ask you to see our contact page or call our solicitors on 0203 959 9123.
By using this site you understand that there is no solicitor and client relationship between you/your company and the site owners or the firm. We make every effort to keep the published articles up-to-date and accurate, however the law changes very rapidly and the older the articles on this site, the more likely that the views in it have changed with the development of the law.
Posted on: Wednesday, 06 April, 2016