Now I'm holding uk spouse/partner visa, which will expire on July 2017. As far as I know, I can extend my visa for another 2.5 years and then I can apply for ILR. However, I'm going to Austria for study for 3 years starting from June 2016. During these period, I'll still fly back once or twice a month and I plan to come back to uk after completing my study. In this case, can I still extend my visa when my first visa expires? Or my immigration status will change and I cannot extend it?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question.

Your case raises certain complex matters which our specialist Immigration solicitors, who are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority would be confident to advise you on. We would be able to offer you assistance as part of a one-off consultation or otherwise as part of our full representation service. Your query relating to your Leave to Remain in the UK as a spouse, and your residence requirements for when you return to the UK after your studies has been forwarded to the relevant department and our Immigration lawyers will be in touch with you within 24 hours to explain how to proceed for the best outcome in your Immigration case.

Kind regards
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]