At OTS Solicitors our motivation comes from using our legal experties to provide the best legal advice to increase access to justice and opportunity for the benefit of local and global communities.
Our aim is to advance human rights, equality, good relations and social justice towards eliminating discrimination and inequality for communities and persons experiencing disadvantage.
At OTS Solicitors we have a proud and long-standing tradition of being committed to providing the best pro bono legal advice, services and advocacy. This commitment to legal services for members of the public has developed into a broader program of volunteering and charitable work that we are engaged in firm-wide, and are making positive impact in the community.
Our contribution has been recognized and continues to be welcomed in numerous legal NGOs and Charities, such as:
- Ealing Equality Council – Community Advice Program - Our solicitors volunteer on a fortnightly basis to give Immigration, Employment, housing, matrimonial and other county court and High Court claim work.
- London Legal Support Trust – Our solicitors participate in raising money for a network of seven Legal Support Trust to fund organisations and charities to provide the legal advice that makes a huge difference to people’s lives, reducing debt, poverty and homelessness, and combatting discrimination and injustice.
- British Armenian Lawyers Association (“BALA”) - Founding members Paul Gulbenkian, Bernard Andonian and other senior Armenian lawyers had established BALA to serve the Community of Armenian lawyers both in Britain and the UK. Our Solicitors have set up a mentoring scheme to assist law graduates and trainees to be mentored and guided in their careers by other senior members of BALA.
- Foundation Against the Violation of Law – Our solicitors Teni Shahiean and Oshin Shahiean have travelled across Armenia to assist one of the longest-running and most influential non-governmental organizations working to advance human rights and democracy in Armenia. We have presented workshops and advice sessions on the European Court of human rights and assisted with understanding the Admissibility Criteria in specific cases of torture and murder of Armenians.
- Armenian Young Lawyers Association (“AYLA”) – Our solicitors Teni Shahiean and Oshin Shahiean have collaborated and discussed subjects of mutual interest and reached agreements on joint programs and events over the years with AYLA to provide Legal seminars to young lawyers in Armenia.
Future pro bono legal work and charitable projects
- We are planning to provide pro bono legal services to members of the public through more legal centres, community centres and shelters for homeless people. We will also sponsor legal clinics in association with law faculties and expand our advocacy work.
- We are in discussions with the Little Siam Trust which helps orphanages and impoverished children in Thailand.
- We are in discussions with the Mudita Trust to help prevent child prostitution in Thailand through education programs.
Reducing our environmental impact
- We are committed to reducing our environmental impact. This includes targets for reducing energy and carbon, food waste and increasing recycling in our offices as well as encouraging more environmentally friendly travel options.