Mr Stephen Slater joined OTS Solicitors in 2018 and specialises in a broad range of legal matters.
Stephen has particular expertise in business immigration, Windrush Generation cases, and matters relating to British nationality. He has appeared in First Tier Tribunal hearings. He also has experience of EEA and Human Rights appeals with particular reference to the protocol on communication between the Family Court and the Immigration and Asylum Chambers.
Mr Slaters landlord and tenant caseload covers:
- Notices seeking possession
- Deposit disputes
- Repairs, maintenance and health and safety
- HMO licences and rent repayment orders
- Surrender of leases
- Licence to occupy
- Deposit protection
Mr Slaters Immigration caseload covers:
- business immigration Cases - Innovator Visa, Tier 1 entrepreneur [Extensions] and ILR, Tier 1 Investor Visa, Sole Representative Visas, and Business or Start Up Visas
- Windrush Generation cases
- British nationality cases
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- Entry Clearance
- Judicial Reviews and Court of Appeal Challenges
Mr Stephen Slater is a leading Senior Lawyer in the 2019 BBC2 documentary 'Who Should Get to Stay In The UK?', which aired in June 2019. Due to the complex nature of his cases he is often approached by the media, and is a regular contributor to Lexis Nexis publications.
He is a Member of the Statute Law Society and the Criminal Bar Association.