Vishal joined OTS Solicitors in 2018 and is currently working as a solicitor within the Immigration
& Public Law department. Vishal qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and has been practising exclusively in Immigration
work in which he has now acquired considerable amount of knowledge.
Vishal is highly committed to client care and always acts in the best interests of his client. He has experience of working within tight deadlines and getting desired results using his knowledge and skills. Vishal prides himself on keeping up to date with Immigration
law by constantly reading various policies, statutes, guidance and case law reviews, as the changes in law happen on an almost daily basis in the field.
Vishal has extensive experience in working in the following areas:
• Asylum and Humanitarian Protection claims
• Family Re-union applications
• Applications for entry clearance or Leave to Remain in the UK as a spouse, fiancé or unmarried partner
• Applications for Administrative Review
• Fresh Claim Applications to the Home Office at the FSU Unit
• Preparing Judicial Review applications by drafting grounds to the Upper Tribunal/ Administrative Court – Emergency Injunction Applications and challenges to removal ; Certification challenges including Asylum/Human Rights claims where no appeal right has been given; Challenges to refusal of fresh claims where there has been a failure to give a right of appeal for an adverse decision or consider the claim as a fresh claim; Challenges to refusal of entry clearance and visit visas and indefinite leave to remain ; Challenges to unlawful detention ; Challenges to the Detained Fast Track procedures
• Preparing Appellant’s notices and Court of Appeal matters from a refusal of a statutory appeal or a Judicial Review claim.
• Detention, and Bail applications
• Deportation matters
• Appeals at the First-tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal by way of drafting grounds of appeal, witness statement, legal arguments and undertaking advocacy to represent applicants
Vishal is able to converse in Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu. Vishal is also a committee member for the Society of Asian Lawyers. Furthermore, Vishal was elected to the role of Treasurer in the 2017-2018 committee. He stood again and has been re-elected to the role of Treasurer for the 2019-2019 committee.
Vishal was also elected to the role of trustee for the Immigration Law Practitioner’s Association (ILPA)for the 2017-2018 Board of Trustees. He has been re-elected as a trustee for the 2018-2019 Board of Trustees. Vishal is also a member of the Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division (EMLD) of the Law Society. Vishal believes that everyone, regardless of their background, should have access to the law and get legal representation to present their case.
Vishal enjoys watching sports in particular football, cricket and tennis. He is a passionate Liverpool Football Club supporter having grown up and hailing from the Merseyside region of the United Kingdom.