Immigration Paralegals/Caseworker [Leading To Possible Training Contract]
Location: City of London
Category / Industry: Legal / Immigration
Hours: Full Time
Training Contracts: This may be offered to candidates subject to business needs who comply with internal criteria and have passed their Legal Practice Course.
OTS Solicitors is an internationally recognised law firm, based in the City of London. We have a wide range of expertise to support business and private clients in all areas of law. Our solicitors are dedicated to maintaining two core principles at all times:
- Providing clear, comprehensive legal advice; and
- Offering personalised service of the highest quality to our clients
Our aim is to provide clients with an exceptional level of legal expertise, a genuine service that is tailored to your business and/or personal needs, at a cost-effective price.
OTS Solicitors is London's leading immigration, family, employment, corporate and litigation law firm. Concentrating on these areas in-depth allows us to maintain a deep understanding of the law surrounding these practice areas. Specialisation also grants us the opportunity to get to know our clients on an intimate level, and anticipate their legal needs.
Having established a reputation for being pro-active, professional, and forward-thinking in our work, OTS Solicitors is a preferred firm of UK Solicitors, as each of our head of departments has been recommended by Legal 500.
We are looking to recruit experienced Immigration Paralegals for our London office.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Legal casework in Immigration Law
• Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
• Dealing with correspondence
• Maintaining billing and costing procedures
• Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly.
KEY Skills Required:
The Immigration Paralegal must be registered with the Law Society as a IAAS Level 1 / 2 Caseworker and demonstrate a strong commitment and extensive expertise in all Immigration matters; public and privately funded.
- Experience dealing with clients face to face and over the phone.
- Legal Experience in preparing Immigration applications and dealing with complex Immigration scenarios.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working within Immigration.
- A working understanding of PBS applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong understanding of MS office applications.
- You will have a strong level of professionalism.
- You will have excellent time management skills.
- You will have the ability to meet strict deadlines and work efficiently.
- You will be a team player and adhere to the Company’s supportive culture.
- You will be a highly motivated, resourceful self-starter with a positive can-do manner.