When you are planning your wedding, low down on the list of priorities are the unromantic things, like sorting out the correct Immigration visa or signing a prenuptial agreement. After all, it is far more exciting to plan the honeymoon or even to design the wedding invitations.
spouse visa solicitors
Marriage visa options
• Marriage or civil partnership visit visa; or
• Fiancée visa; or
• spouse visa.
The marriage or civil partnership visit visa
• Come to the UK to get married or enter a civil partnership in the UK; and
• Stay in the UK for up to six months.
The fiancée visa
The spouse visa
• You are subject to UK Immigration control and want to enter the UK to live with your spouse who is a British citizen or who has Settled Status or Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK; or
• You entered the UK on a fiancée visa and married your spouse.
How can OTS Solicitors help?
Making a UK spouse visa application
• Your husband, wife or civil partner is a British citizen or is settled in the UK or has Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK; and
• You are both over the age of eighteen; and
• You are legally married or in a civil partnership;
• You have met your spouse or civil partner – the relationship cannot be a long distance proxy marriage; and
• Your relationship is genuine; and
• You intend to live permanently with your spouse or civil partner; and
• If you or your spouse has been in a prior relationship the previous relationship/s have permanently broken down; and
• You have accommodation for yourself and your dependents; and
• You speak and understand English in accordance with Home Office requirements; and
• You can maintain yourself without access or recourse to public funds.
Meeting the financial criteria for a spouse visa
• Be in receipt of a family income of at least £18,600 per year (the income threshold figure increases if you have dependent children who are not British citizens or EEA nationals); or
• Have savings of at least £62,500 (extra savings are required if you have dependent children who are not British citizens or EEA nationals).
Exceptional circumstances and Spouse Visas
spouse visa solicitors
For the best expert legal advice and outcome on your UK Immigration application, contact OTS Immigration solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online.
We are one of the UK’s top firms for Immigration solicitors and civil liberties lawyers. We can advise on a broad range of Immigration issues including Appeals and Refusals, Judicial Reviews, Spouse Visas, Student Visas, Work Permit Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA Applications, Asylum and human rights, British Citizenship, All types of visas, Business Immigration Visas, Entrepreneur Visas and Investor Visas.
Our top Immigration solicitors and lawyers are here to assist you.
Disclaimer: The information and comments on this page/site is made available free of charge and for educational and information purposes only. The information and comments do not amount to and are not intended to be adopted as legal advice to any individual or company. The use of this site should not be a substitute for specific legal advice, which we ask you to see our contact page or call our solicitors on 0203 959 9123.
By using this site you understand that there is no solicitor and client relationship between you/your company and the site owners or the firm. We make every effort to keep the published articles up-to-date and accurate, however the law changes very rapidly and the older the articles on this site, the more likely that the views in it have changed with the development of the law.
Posted on: Thursday, 10 October, 2019