What can I do if my university withdraws sponsorship? banner

What can I do if my university withdraws sponsorship?

What can I do if my university withdraws sponsorship?

  • Posted on

Hi, I was on a tier 4 visa. But my university withdrew me from my course and sent a letter to the ukvi regarding this on 20th Nov 2023. I have not heard about my new visa expiry date from home office yet. However, I am currently fighting the university's decision to withdraw me from the course. But on enquiry with the university, it was told to me that I will still have to leave the country despite the appeal which is in progress. How can I get a visa extension to stay until I get the decision on my appeal? I ask this because, leaving the country means that I have very less access to resources that are necessary to win my appeal.

Public Answer

Given your current situation where your university has withdrawn you from your Tier 4 course, and you’re awaiting the outcome, you may wish to contact the Home Office or UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to inquire about the status of your visa. Your university are not immigration advisors and as such may not have the correct information. Typically, if an appeal is ongoing, the applicant will have 3C leave enabling you to remain in the country until the outcome of the decision. You may wish to seek guidance from an immigration solicitor who can provide personalised advice based on your circumstances and assist in exploring options for visa extensions or alternative categories. For more information, please contact us on 02039599123 or click here 

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]

    Get in touch

    Please fill in the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.