- Corporate Law
Divorces & Family Law
- Divorce and Separation
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Financial Dispute on Divorce
- Dissolution of Civil Partnership
- Cohabitation & Unmarried Family
- Family Mediation & Dispute Resolution
- Domestic Violence
- Pre-Nuptial & Post Nuptial Agreements
- Children & Childcare Arrangements
- International Adoption
Legal TeamJudge Emeritus & SolicitorPartnerManaging PartnerPartnerSolicitorCaseworkerSolicitorSenior LawyerSolicitorSolicitorTrainee SolicitorParalegalParalegalFamily SolicitorTrainee SolicitorBilling AdministratorOffice AdministratorPublic International LawyerSolicitorImmigration Caseworker
About OTS solicitors
OTS Solicitors is an internationally recognised law firm, based in the City of London. We have a wide range of expertise to support business and private clients in all areas of law.
For a more detailed discussion regarding your case, or to book an appointment with a member of our Individual Immigration team, please call us now on 0203 959 9123
At OTS Solicitors we have a team of specialist Law Society accredited asylum and human rights lawyers on standby to assist you and your loved ones to seek asylum or to submit a human rights application to obtain your right to stay in the UK.
If you are unable to return to your country because either:
- You fear being persecuted and you wish to seek asylum protection in the UK; Or
- You have spent a considerable amount of time in the UK and you believe that you have established strong ties to the UK
We can advise on the best available options to someone in your circumstances to obtain a right to stay in the UK. This can either be obtained through claiming Asylum and seek protection in the UK, or by submitting an application to the Home Office on the basis of your human rights, such as your Article 8 right to respect of your family and private life, or Article 3 right which prohibits you from being subject to torture, or inhuman and degrading treatment.
How is a Human Rights Application Decided?
Under the human rights Act 1998 if owing to any exceptional, compassionate and compelling circumstances you wish to remain in the UK, you may be entitled to apply to remain on a human rights grounds. These types of applications are considered outside the immigration rules, and may entitle you to Limited or Discretionary leave to remain.
It will be necessary for your OTS immigration Solicitor to carry out a detailed assessment of your personal circumstances to identify on which basis of the human rights Act you may be entitled to settle in the UK, such as Article 8 Family and Private Life.
Our solicitors will carefully and meticulously:
- Consider your documents and ensure that you obtain the correct evidence to help support and strengthen your case
- Draft, Review and Prepare your human rights Application
- We will speak to our contacts in the Home Office and ensure that your Application is considered and decided in a correct and timely fashion
How is an Asylum Application decided?
If you wish to seek asylum in the UK, you are asking the UK to protect you because you are a refugee fleeing a country where you will be persecution on account of one or more of the following reasons: Race, Religion, Nationality, Membership of particular social group, Political opinion.
You must also be in the UK to claim asylum and show that you are not willing or unable because of your fear of return, to seek protection from or return to your country of origin.
Specialist Team of Asylum and Human Rights Solicitors
Our diverse team of specialist asylum and human rights solicitors will advise you throughout the process and talk you through the proof you need to provide to win your case. Our solicitors have particular expertise in Middle East, Asia and African asylum and human rights cases and we have access to specific country information and evidence to ensure that your application is prepared to the highest standard.
Our advisers can accommodate all languages and dialects as we have a network of translator to assist us in offering the best legal advice and services to all our client. We also work with a select number of renowned immigration barrister and experts such as Mark Symes, David Jones, and Amarjit Kaur of Garden Court Chambers, Andreas Pretzell of Lamb Building Chambers, Danny Bazini of No 5 Chambers, Guy Davidson of Grey’s Inn Square, and other highly eminent barristers.
We are therefore able to assist you with:
- Applications to stay in the UK based on your fear of return and Asylum protection in the UK
- Applications to stay in the UK based on your ties to the UK and human rights violations
- Applications based on Article 8 Violation of Respect to Your Family and Private Life in the UK
- Applications based on Refugee Family Reunion Policy
- Fresh Claim Applications on Asylum or human rights Grounds
- Applications Challenging your Exclusion from the Refugee Convention
- Applications for Children and Young People subject to immigration Control
- Applications for Victims of Domestic Violence, Rape, Trafficking, Sexual Orientation and FGM
- Application based on Article 3 Violations on Fear of Torture, Inhumane or Degrading Treatment
- Representing you in immigration and Asylum Appeal before the Tribunal and Higher courts
- Judicial Review Applications Challenging the Home Office decision and instigating an Administrative Review of any Asylum and human rights matters from the high court, and immigration and Asylum Upper Tribunal
- Applications for immigration Detention Bail and Temporary Admission
Our Specialist Asylum and human rights solicitors are some of London's leading experts in this are and have been awarded the specialist immigration quality mark by the Law Society for their renowned success and in-depth knowledge of this area of immigration law.
Our immigration lawyers will ensure that you and your dependants receive the best legal advice on Asylum and human rights Applications and Appeals. Please contact OTS immigration solicitors on 0203 959 9123 or contact us online for your initial consultation.