London Immigration and Family Law Firm of the Year 2020
OTS Solicitors are the winners of the SME News award for ‘London Immigration and family law firm of the year 2020’. Teni Shahiean, CEO of OTS Solicitors says "We recognised that there was a gap in the market for a niche Immigration law practice with a specialist family law services offering for our global client base. We are delighted that SME News award recognises our joined-up approach to Immigration and family law and our excellent client service".
London Immigration and Family Law Solicitors
London Immigration and family law firm 2020
"We have spent the last twelve months at OTS Solicitors really focussing on how we can add value to our client service by offering joined up bespoke Immigration and family law services. Whilst I had hoped that in a few years’ time our efforts would perhaps be recognised by awards for what we’d achieved in the field of Immigration and family law, I am delighted that all our hard work has been awarded by the title 'London Immigration and family law firm 2020'. My only concern is how we are going to top this achievement in 2021".
"When I tell people that OTS Solicitors are experts in the field of Immigration and family law many people don’t see the link between the two areas of expertise. Perhaps more worryingly many solicitors don’t. That means some divorce solicitors, although specialists in the field of divorce, don’t realise the implications of the timing of divorce proceedings can have on a person’s Immigration status".
Likewise, an expert in the field of immigration law, who doesn’t have the benefit of a proactive family law team, won't necessarily recognise the importance of prenuptial agreements or cohabitation agreements (or mirror agreements for international families) for those entering the UK on Investor Visas, Start-up visas or Innovator visas.
- Spouse visas and associated family law issues such as prenuptial agreements or postnuptial agreements
- Family visas and associated family law issues such as cohabitation agreements or civil partnership agreements or Wills
- International divorce and disputes over divorce jurisdiction if you have international connections. The decision on whether you or your spouse has the right to start divorce proceedings in England will impact on whether you can start financial settlement proceedings in the UK
- Immigration status after separation or divorce proceedings (and how if you have experienced domestic violence this can be used as the basis for an application to remain in the UK)
- International children law cases involving either allegations of parental child abduction or situations where parents are applying to the UK court for permission to relocate overseas with their child. That may be to their country of origin or to another country. The permission of the English court is needed if your child is habitually resident in the UK. Your child can be classed as habitually resident in the UK even if you are in the UK on a visa and are subject to Immigration control
- Immigration advice and UK family law orders needed after international surrogacy or international adoption.
Immigration law, whether it is business immigration or personal Immigration, is all about the movement of people and with people come their families and all their associated family law needs. By offering joined-up proactive family law advice and immigration law expertise we can help clients sort out either the Immigration or family law issues that they sometimes don’t even appreciate that they have got or could have in the future.
- A UK Will
- A shareholder agreement
- A cohabitation agreement or prenuptial agreement
- Access to ongoing family law and Immigration law advice as their circumstances change, for example, they may want to be joined by dependants, buy property in the UK or look at settling in the UK by applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
"As a family law specialist working in a niche Immigration law practice I feel as if I am in a very privileged position of meeting people at the start of the journey to the UK . That means we can work together to look at their associated Immigration and family law needs. Those Immigration and family law needs don’t normally stop on an individuals or families arrival in the UK but continue and change as 'life happens'. OTS Solicitors recognise that and are all about excellent client service, now and in the future".
"The ethos behind creating a bespoke Immigration and family law service offering was so clients have a ‘trusted advisor’ they can go to for all their immigration law, business law and family law needs, now and in the future. Whilst the SME News award 'London Immigration and family law firm 2020' reflects all the hard work all the family and Immigration law teams have put in over the last twelve months it is equally pleasing to get wonderful feedback and reviews from our family and Immigration law clients who have really appreciated what we are trying to achieve at OTS Solicitors”.
"At OTS Solicitors we are not just a firm of lawyers looking at the bottom line but we are all about managing client’s expectations with excellent client service and transparency. Our happy clients can testify to our success as we support them every step of the way".
How can OTS Solicitors help
For advice on any aspect of family law, personal Immigration or business immigration law call our specialist teams of friendly and approachable family lawyers and Immigration experts. Call us on 0203 959 9123 or complete our online enquiry form to discuss how our experienced London Immigration and family law solicitors exceptional service and cost effective legal expertise can help you and your family.